Fuel Tank Installation
Company DP World Region London Gateway Sector Freeport
Leading environmental and mechanical services provider, Adler and Allan, provided a large-scale fuel and Adblue facility to help build DP World’s new London Gateway commercial quay. The Gateway site covers a massive 2,700 metres with depth alongside of 17 metres, which will see London regain its position as a hub for international trade.
Storing two hundred thousand litres of fuel, Adler and Allan’s tanks and subsequent filling system is being used to fuel shuttles that move huge-volume containers around the port, together with all types of heavy plant and equipment.
The fuel tank installation consisted of:
- Two 100,000 litre twin compartment fuel tanks with cat ladder and gantry for pump access. These were for re-fuelling on-site shuttle carriers, plant and equipment and have remote filler point cabinets and tank gauging and bulk offloading meters.
- One 9,000 litre bulk Adblue storage tank; filler point cabinet with gauges and overfill alarms.
- Above ground steel and underground double contained pipework.
- Three 200 litre daily storage Adblue tanks with integrated float level switches and controls.
- A fully integrated fuel monitoring system.
Adler and Allan installed, tested and commissioned all tanks within the 3 month time schedule and in-line with CDM regulations.
PDF version available here